8 February 2018 - 00:00
Welcome to the NCR DAYS 2018!
The next edition of the annual meeting of the Netherlands Centre for River studies (NCR DAYS) will be held at the Deltares Campus in Delft on 8 and 9 February 2018.
And this edition’s special: we are celebrating 20 years of cooperation in river studies within NCR. We won’t let that go by unnoticed! We’re putting together an exciting program to combine multi-disciplinary innovation with mono-disciplinary excellence around the theme: “The future river”.
What will the future look like for the fluvially minded? To explore this, we have invited inspiring key-note speakers who will address innovations in management, communication, observation and multifunctional use of the river. Together with your contributions, let’s sketch an outline of the river of the future!
Registration Open: December 5
Abstract submission deadline: December 15, 201 7
Abstract submission extended deadline: January 5, 2018
Notification of acceptance & final programme: January 12, 2018
Registration deadline: January 31, 2018
Conference: February 8-9 2018
Pre-conference Google Earth Workshop: February 7 2018 (Register separately!)
The NCR Days 2018 are made possible by our sponsors:
See the downloads for a PDF download of the full program.
There will be technical tour on the first day, February 8, directly following the last session to visit Floodproof Holland. Here, entrepreneurs are testing and demonstrating a range of innovations, including temporary flood defenses and novel monitoring techniques. The site is at walking distance (1 km) from the conference venue. Please note that the technical tour will be outside, so dress accordingly!
There is no additional fee to join the tour.
There will be several workshops organised on the second day, February 9, just before lunch. The contents of the workshops will be announced at a later time. You don’t need to register for a workshop, and there is no additional fee to join a workshop.
The NCR DAYS 2018 takes places at the campus of Deltares in Delft in the ‘Pavilion’ building. See the downloads for driving instructions.
Abstract submission is closed.
Registration is open via the registration website. Please note:
- Acceptance of your abstract is not a registration. You need to register yourself.
- You can only register and pay via the website.
- Payment on the conference premise is not possible.
- Register before January 31! If you register after this date, we cannot ensure your participation in all conference activities.
The conference fees are as below. For more information, please see our general terms and conditions.
*For students, an additional fee of 50 EUR applies to participate in the conference dinner.
Accomodation is not included with registration, and participants are required to book accommodation at their own discretion. Delft offers a large range of available rooms, as conveniently listed by the municipal website. The following hotels offer a discount for conference participants:
- Hotel de Plataan. Hotel de Plataan is a 3-star hotel with a very own character. The hotel is located in the historic heart of downtown Delft. Through the use of ecological and fair trade products and natural gardening, the hotel can be labeled as very green. Rooms are available at a 10% discount for conference participants.
- Hampshire hotel Delft Centre. This modern 4-star hotel on the outskirts of Delft is the ideal location for a relaxing weekend getaway. You walk through the door of Hampshire Hotel – Delft Center and you can reach the Old Town within a few minutes. Rooms are available at 112.50 EUR for a single comfort or 122.50 EUR for double comfort rooms, for conference participants.
Note: the discount offer is only available on the following conditions:
- Booking via the hotel website directly
- Mentioning the discount code. The code will be emailed to you upon registration.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com