12 April 2023 - 00:00
Important dates • Themes • Venue • Keynotes • Proceedings • Registration • Downloads • Contact
Radboud University Nijmegen is proud to host the NCR DAYS 2023 “Towards 2048: the next 25 years of river studies” which will take place on April 12-13. The NCR DAYS provides a podium for young and established researchers and professionals to present their work on rivers.
Add the event to your calendar
To add the event to your calendar, click here to download the calendar invitation file (*.ics).
Registration open: February 20, 2023
Deadline abstract submission: February 24, 2023
Notice of acceptance: March 24, 2023
NCR DAYS 2023: April 12-13, 2023
The NCR DAYS 2023 will be held at Lindenberg Cultuurhuis in Nijmegen.
Ridderstraat 23, 6511 TM Nijmegen
We welcome abstracts on various disciplines related to river studies, including:
- River governance, policy and management
- River hydraulics
- Sediment transport and morphodynamics
- Geomorphology and river geology
- Hydrology and climate impact studies
- Ecology & ecohydraulics
- Water management and water quality
- Spatial planning for sustainable development
- Methodological advances in numerical modelling, machine learning and data science
This year, we aim to cluster abstracts in integrated, cross-disciplinary sessions. Therefore, abstracts addressing cross-disciplinary projects or studies are welcome.
Registration & conference fee
Registration will be opened in late February. More information on the registration process will be made available at a later time.
Call for abstracts
We invite you to submit an abstract about your work. Abstracts with an academic and professional nature are welcome:
- Abstracts that focus on novel ideas, methods or data, describe original research or provide a review of existing results or techniques. New ideas may be tested or demonstrated on case studies.
- Abstracts that focus on discussing aspects, challenges and insights from practical application, that describe application of existing methods on challenging case studies and highlight knowledge gaps or directions for future research.
Please observe the following author instructions:
- The deadline for submission is February 24, 2023
- Abstracts must be submitted in Word format (.docx)
- Abstracts must follow the prescribed template. A template in Microsoft Word is available for download, see below. Note that the template differs from the one used in previous years.
- Abstracts have a maximum of 2 pages
- Abstracts must be submitted to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- In the e-mail with your submission, please let us know your preferred session and presentation format (poster/oral). Note that we cannot guarantee placement according to your preferences.
Verberk, W.C.E.P. (Wilco) < firstname.lastname@example.org >
Geerling, G.W. (Gertjan) < email@example.com >
Interested to sponsor the NCR DAYS 2023? Contact us!