Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
If you supply data to NCR, they will be used for the specific purposes for which you have supplied data and also for internal business purposes. Your data will only be kept for as long as this is necessary and will not be made available to third parties, except in the event of a statutory obligation, to processors of NCR or if you have agreed thereto when supplying your data.
The maillist is serviced through Mailchimp. During sign-up for the mailling list you can voluntarily supply additionaly information about yourself. We use this information to help us improve our services. This anonymised data may be communicated to third parties for research purposes.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing an identity code. Your computer stores it. When you next visit the website, the code is retrieved, allowing an individual visitor or computer to be recognised. They do not cause harm to your computer.
How do I opt out of using cookies?
If you wish to stop your computer accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser (for example Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox). Here you will find information on how to do this. You can opt out of using cookies at any time.
What are cookies used for?
- Social media. You can post an article directly from this website to social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These social websites need to know who you are to work properly.
- Analytics. Cookies are used to anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience.
- Strictly necessary. Cookies on this website are strictly necessary for this website to work properly. They cannot be disabled.
NCR recognises the importance of protecting your data and takes the necessary measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unrequested changes. If you feel like your data is not secured well or if there are signs of abuse, please contact us through email@example.com. NCR has taken the following precautions to secure your personal data:
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and a firewall.
- TLS (previously SSL); you data is sent through a secure connection. You can verify this by looking for the ‘https’ prefix in the address bar, as well as the lock icon.
- DNSSEC is an extra layer of security (building upon DNS) for translating a domain name (http://ncr-web.org) to the IP address assigned to this domain; a digital signature is added to this. This signature is automatically checked. This way, we prevent you from connecting to a fake IP address.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving emails in our name that contain viruses, spam or phishing attempts.