Version: 24 May 2018
This website is under responsibility of Deltares (see below).
The Netherlands Centre for River studies (NCR) is a cooperative alliance between Deltares, Rijkswaterstaat, Delft University of Technology, University of Twente, Utrecht University, IHE Delft, Wageningen University & Research and Radboud University Nijmegen. The NCR Programme Secretary manages the NCR website and the mailing list. This function is staffed by a Deltares employee.
Any Personal Data processed through this website are processed by Deltares in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Deltares is registered at:
2629 HV Delft
Chamber of commerce number 41146461
VAT number NL800097476B01
Phone (+31) (0)88 335 8273
For all complaints regarding the execution of the rights below or for any other complaints regarding your Personal Data, please address Deltares Data Security Officer through: DataProtection@deltares.nl.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing an identity code. Your computer stores it. When you next visit the website, the code is retrieved, allowing an individual visitor or computer to be recognised. They do not cause harm to your computer.
How do I opt out of using cookies?
If you wish to stop your computer accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser (for example Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox). Here you will find information on how to do this. You can opt out of using cookies at any time.
What are cookies used for?
- Social media. You can post an article directly from this website to social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These social websites need to know who you are to work properly.
- Analytics. Cookies are used to anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience.
- Strictly necessary. Cookies on this website are strictly necessary for this website to work properly. They cannot be disabled.
NCR recognises the importance of protecting your data and takes the necessary measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unrequested changes. If you feel like your data is not secured well or if there are signs of abuse, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. NCR has taken the following precautions to secure your personal data:
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and a firewall.
- TLS (previously SSL); you data is sent through a secure connection. You can verify this by looking for the ‘https’ prefix in the address bar, as well as the lock icon.
- DNSSEC is an extra layer of security (building upon DNS) for translating a domain name (http://ncr-web.org) to the IP address assigned to this domain; a digital signature is added to this. This signature is automatically checked. This way, we prevent you from connecting to a fake IP address.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving emails in our name that contain viruses, spam or phishing attempts.
Registering for events
When registering for an event at the NCR website, you agree to the following:
- Deltares, in executing the registrations for the NCR Event, stores and uses certain personal data based on your permission (as meant under article 6 General Data Protection Regulation) thereto in accordance with the terms and conditions below.
- The personal data Deltares stores and uses are: your name, the name of the company/institution you work for, your email address, optionally your phone number, optionally dietary restrictions and other information strictly relevant to the event (i.e. your Registration).
- In addition to Registration personal data, NCR partners may take photos during the NCR Event. You agree that Deltares may publish these photos You may contact the NCR Programme Secretary at email@example.com if you would like to have a specific photo deleted.
- Deltares stores and uses your Registration for the sole purpose to organize or have organized the Event and more specifically: to (have) arrange(d) the venue and catering, to inform you about details of the NCR Event, and to print your name badge.
- You agree that Deltares, if applicable, shares your Registration with the NCR-partner(s) organising the Event, in which case such NCR-partner-use remains limited to purpose mentioned under 4.
- Your Registration is stored at a server of the hosting-service provider ‘Hostnet’ that Deltares, through our ICT service provider “Bullit Solutions”, has contracted for this purpose and, in case of a NCR-partner being involved in organization of the Event, at the server of that NCR-partner.
- Otherwise than as set out in 4, 5 and 6 above, your Registration will not be shared with NCR partners or any third parties.
- Deltares and the organizing NCR-partner (if applicable) store your Registration until three months after the Event. After this period, your Registration will be deleted.
- If you would like to view, modify or cancel your Registration or a photo with you on it, you are requested to contact the NCR Programme Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribing to the NCR mailing list
You may have subscribed yourself to the mailing list of the NCR. In doing so, you have provided us with your email-address and (optionally) other Personal Information and agree to the following:
- Deltares, in executing the NCR mailing list, stores and uses your email-address based on your permission (as meant under article 6 General Data Protection Regulation) thereto in accordance with the terms and conditions below.
- The purpose of storing your email-address is to be able to send you emails to inform you about relevant news, such as events organised by NCR or by others all related to river studies, job offers, new publications and research updates.
- Your email address will be stored as long as the NCR exists, unless you unsubscribe from the mailing list.
- Your email address will not be shared with NCR partners or any third party, apart from those necessary in executing the mailing list service.
- You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com